Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Introduction

I have always been inspired by strong women.  When I was a teenager after my parents got divorced my mother raised my younger sister and me.  My mother never went to college and has spent most of her life as a factory worker.  She has always been a hard worker and I know I get my work ethic from her.  Then as a young adult I dated a Japanese woman who could speak English fluently without ever living in an English speaking country. I was so impressed with her ability that it inspired me to teach.  I thought wouldn't it be cool to be like her teacher and help students accomplish great things.  Over my years as a returning student in college I have had several female teachers that have become my mentors. All of them are patient, compassionate and hard working.  I think connections are very important so this past summer I wrote thank you cards to these teachers who have made a difference in my life.  They continue to advise me and be my role models. I imagine myself teaching others the way they have taught me.  When I look back and reflect on my life it has always been a strong woman who has inspired me to work hard and make a difference.        

No comments:

Post a Comment